1. A sandwich "tiger trap."
2. Calvin is a precocious six-year-old.
3. Spaceman Spiff. Calvin would imagine additional aliases over the years, including Captain Napalm, Safari Al, Stupendous Man, and more.
4. G.R.O.S.S. (Get Rid Of Slimy Girls)
5. David Spade sports a Calvin tattoo and actor Sean Penn was filmed applying the tattoo.
6. Although its contents are a mystery to everyone but King and Watterson, longtime Calvin and Hobbeseditor Lee Salem recalls forwarding a fan letter received from King to Watterson.
7. Watterson worked as both a political cartoonist and a grocery ad designer prior to Calvin and Hobbes.
8. Both are named after famous philosophers. Calvin is named for a sixteenth-centurn theologian who believed in predestination, while Hobbes is named after a seventeenth-century philosphoer with a dim view of human nature.