Every year, the World Health Organization campaigns to increase awareness of a critical global health issue on World Health Day
. And this year, that focus is on beating diabetes. Over 400 million people suffer from diabetes, and that number increases steadily each year. Since many cases of diabetes can be prevented or treated with a nutrient-dense, low-sugar diet, we’re featuring five recipes that will help satisfy cravings without spiking blood-glucose levels. Enjoy one of these healthy treats in place of a typical dessert – your body (and taste buds) will thank you!
1. Frozen Yogurt-Dipped Banana Pops Book: The Kitchen Diva’s Diabetic Cookbook
Forget popsicles! This protein-rich treat will satisfy your sweet tooth and feed your muscles.
2. Fudge Pudding Cake Book: The Kitchen Diva’s Diabetic Cookbook
We get it. Sometimes, you just need chocolate. This pudding is high in fudgy goodness but low in glycemic impact.
3. Two-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups Book: Cut the Sugar, You’re Sweet Enough
Want to kick refined sugars to the curb without sacrificing your favorite vending-machine treat? This one’s for you!
4. After-School Berry Smoothie Book: The Kitchen Diva’s Diabetic Cookbook
The fiber in this berry-filled smoothie cuts the sweetness, leaving you with bushels of energy and zero guilt.
5. Chia Waffles Book: Cut the Sugar, You’re Sweet Enough
These waffles made with chia seeds, gluten-free flour, and liquid stevia are a smart alternative to the typical breakfast pastry. Drizzle with Raw Chocolate Sauce and you’re ready for dessert!